Primary tabs

TravelWithaSilverLining's picture

TravelWithaSilverLining

My name is Linda Voltaire and I have been a travel addict the last 15 years or so. I have visited around 50 countries and in November 2016 me and my boyfriend took off for the trip of our lives. Three months in South and Central America. A dream coming true and a trip that changed our lives in many ways.

Travel with a Silver Lining

1 Followers, 131 Marks

11 Trendy Copenhagen Restaurants To Taste The Danish Continental Vibe.

Generally speaking, Copenhagen is quite dreamy! There’s a true continental vibe here, different from the rest of Scandinavia. Danes are highly social people who love the finer things in life, and eating out is an essential part of the Danish experience. In the past few decades, the city has turned into one of the world foodie leaders, with incredible trendy restaurants in Copenhagen for all tastes. From Scandinavian eateries to international cuisine and fusion, there are hip restaurants Copenhagen for everyone!

Category: 
5 views 0 Likes 0 comments

9 Unmissable Spots For The Best Breakfast In Copenhagen!

I like to say that Copenhagen is the continental capital of Scandinavia, and nowhere is that more prevalent than in its food. Cute cafés to trendy restaurants abound in this fun town, with offerings including local flavors as well as international ones. When it comes to breakfast Copenhagen, the Danish capital has offerings for every taste. From cozy little places to hipster heavens, the choices for the best brunch Copenhagen are quite varied!

Category: 
2 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union have some real hidden treasures that should be seen. So time for some Eastern Europe travel recommendations and my recommendations of the best Eastern European cities to visit. Five true hidden gems, not yet exploited by the masses. Travel beyond the crowds that is my favorite!

Moving to Moscow four years ago, a new world opened up to me, a part of the world that was not on my mind or my travel bucket list. There is so much to see, so much to experience in this part of the world and I am sure you will get positively surprised and impressed by all five gems below and my favorites among the best Eastern European Cities to visit. All amazing but yet very different!

Category: 
3 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Miami Beach. The weather, the beach, the sun, the palm trees, and the friendly people – they all make life a bit easier!

Well, our days in Miami have been fantastic! Before this trip, Fredrik was not a fan of Miami and when I was here last time it literally rained cats and dogs for a full day. But now we are very happy we decided to start our trip here and we have both truly fallen in love with this city!

Category: 
8 views 0 Likes 0 comments

3 Days in A Magical Sailing in The Whitsundays Islands – A True Tropical Bliss!

Time for some Whitsundays sailing adventures, namely three days of sailing in Whitsunday Islands!

The sun was shining, the wind perfect and there she was. The blue beauty that would take us out on 3 days sailing in Whitsunday Islands. The Whitsunday sailing adventures, we will never forget!

Category: 
6 views 0 Likes 0 comments

9 Things You Should Know To Plan The Perfect New Zealand Trip!

New Zealand is one of the most beautiful and biodiverse countries in the world, well worth a visit for all nature lovers and adventurers. Consisting of two large islands (North and South) plus around 600 smaller ones, planning a trip to New Zealand can seem daunting. That’s why I’ve written three travel guides through the country, also including the best road trips in New Zealand!

This southwestern Pacific country hosts majestic landscapes, a little like Scandinavia – only even more beautiful and dramatic. Home to mountains, glaciers, sandy beaches, vineyards, delicious food, green rolling hills, and endless movie sets, it’s a land of wonder.

Category: 
4 views 0 Likes 0 comments

11 Best Boutique Hotels In Copenhagen & The Best Areas To Stay!

Copenhagen is the continental darling of Scandinavia; old, beautiful and metropolitan, it’s also small enough to feel intimate. Vibrant and happy, Danes are among the happiest citizens on Earth! A perfect city for a weekend, you can find fantastic shopping, food, and drinks. As it usually happens, the best area to stay in Copenhagen is beyond the crowds. And as you can imagine from a great Scandinavian capital, the best boutique hotels Copenhagen are design wonders!

Category: 
4 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Budapest – The Beautiful Surprise!

I went to Budapest for business, without any expectations or time to research the places to visit in Budapest. To combine business and pleasure, I decided to stay two extra days to explore this city and figure out what to do in Budapest! A decision I am not regretting. Budapest, you surprised me in so many ways and only from a positive point of view! Sometimes spontaneous trips are the best!

Category: 
13 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Spring in Moscow. A Moscow Weekend Full Of Spring Vibes!

The spring in Moscow with Linda has been almost unbearable. So dark, so cold and so long! The feeling when you put your winter boots in the wardrobe and take out your rosé gold sneakers… pure happiness!

All of a sudden you want to leave the nest, the cozy apartment, and go out to explore the new vibrant life that is waiting outside. Moscow transformed from a grey and beige city into a colorful and warm one in a couple of hours and all of a sudden you could see some smile on the usually so burly faces.

Category: 
8 views 0 Likes 0 comments

14 Best Things To Do In Paros For An Authentic Island Experience!

Greece might be the most popular summer destination in southern Europe and with good reason. With destinations like party island Mykonos and romantic volcanic beauty Santorini, there’s so much to enjoy in this beautiful country. On my Paros travel guide, you’ll see what I love from this authentic Greek island. I hope you enjoy the best things to do in Paros!

Category: 
12 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Top 12 Glam & Hipster Places in Los Angeles!

Time for some California Dreaming! Los Angeles is a huge city, so much that its neighborhoods are basically cities of their own. While it might not have the romantic charm of San Francisco, it’s still a great American metropolis with so much to offer. There are seemingly endless things to do in Hollywood LA, as all the movie glitz and glamour cover the town. There are also plenty of hipster places Los Angeles to try new flavors, hang out and even find celebrities!

Category: 
22 views 0 Likes 0 comments

20 Stunning Instagram Spots In Madrid That You Have To See!

Spain is one of the most visited countries in the world, with millions of tourists flying in every year. While many choose to head to the Baleares during the summer, there’s a charm to the capital – and it’s just as fun year-round. Vibrant, metropolitan and beautiful, there are plenty of Instagram spots in Madrid to spend an afternoon taking snaps. From heavily touristic spots to hidden gems full of locals. There’s something for everyone among the best photo spots Madrid!

Category: 
17 views 0 Likes 0 comments

My 2 Favorite Amsterdam Hotels: Dutch Tradition In The 21st Century!

Amsterdam is one of the most beloved tourist destinations in western Europe, and it has the charm to pull it off. Between the canals, bikes, and flowers, you’ll find cute cafés and restaurants on every corner. The city’s size makes it very walkable, or you can just use the Dutch’s preferred medium of transportation – the bike! Each area is so unique and full of personality, and the best design hotels Amsterdam are scattered. There are so many beautiful boutique hotels in Amsterdam.

Category: 
20 views 0 Likes 0 comments

The Ultimate Santorini Travel Guide: 17 Unmissable Things To DO!

Finally time for my Santorini Travel Guide! Santorini is one of the most iconic summer destinations in the Mediterranean, and easily among the most popular Greek islands. Famous worldwide for its beautiful beaches, its exotic white eggplants, and its dramatic views. If to summarize the Santorini experience in one word it would be….breathtaking!

Category: 
14 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Amalfi – Shine Bright Like A Diamond!

After a 20 minutes breathtaking drive from Positano, we arrived in Amalfi. So close but yet so different! Here is my Amalfi Coast Travel Guide which includes some of the best restaurants and boutique hotels in Amalfi!

Category: 
24 views 0 Likes 0 comments

The 11 Best Restaurants & Hip Eateries In Lisbon With The Tastiest Portuguese Flavors!

The flavors and ingredients of a national cuisine say lots about the country, and my Lisbon restaurant guide is here to prove it! Portuguese cuisine and Lisbon restaurants are richly influenced by the Mediterranean, adding a number of spices from their time as an empire. It’s also a heaven for seafood lovers, and the best restaurants in Lisbon serve plenty of fish. In all, the Portuguese capital is a city of flavors, like many places to eat in Lisbon prove! A must is also to experience a traditional fado restaurant, a dinner that will awake your emotions!

Category: 
19 views 0 Likes 0 comments

This Havana travel guide can feel very much like a trip to the past. Its old streets, particularly in picturesque Havana Vieja, haven’t changed much in the decades since the Cuban Revolution. The cars are old models from the ’50s, with the occasional Soviet LADA. Driving around the streets of Havana feels like going back to a time where the Berlin wall never fell.

Category: 
18 views 0 Likes 0 comments

A UNESCO World Heritage Site and the meeting point of the two largest countries in South America, Argentina and Brazil, the Iguazú Falls are among the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, with good reason: the landscape, the power, it’s all one of a kind. In this Iguazu travel guide, you’ll find the highlights to our incredible Iguazu Falls trip!

To witness nature at its powerful best, an Iguazu Falls trip is essential. This comprehensive Iguazu Travel Guide has everything you'll need!

Category: 
19 views 0 Likes 0 comments

St Moritz Hotel – Our Alpine Design Gem In Adventurous Queenstown!

A resort town surrounded by the Southern Alps, Queenstown is a dream for adventurers. Deemed the global capital of adventure, so many activities await here. So, when we reached this gorgeous place, we decided to honor it the best way we could. How? By staying in one of the best hotels in Queenstown. And it quickly became clear which of many Queenstown hotels would be our home away from home!

Category: 

September is here and slowly but surely summer will turn into fall and slowly but surely it is time to prepare for the fall outfit. However, this year it feels totally ok. The summer has been amazing and September in Moscow has been a great surprise. Still warm and sunny and the evenings have been magic. With a new season comes some new opportunities to fill the wardrobe with new pieces and trendy fall outfits. So what to wear in fall?

Category: 

Tbilisi, a relatively new acquaintance that directly made it to my top 10 list. I love to wander the streets of this shabby chic little gem and the amazing Georgian hospitality always makes me in a good mood. Tbilisi is also a paradise for food lovers, a bit like Italy in Western Europe. The Georgian cuisine is world known and the city is literally full of hip, cozy and cool restaurants, and bars! This time I found a new cool place, a new favorite of mine – the very first clubhouse in Tbilisi, the Arthouse Tbilisi!

Category: 

The Ultimate Tbilisi Travel Guide – Top 6 Things to Do in Tbilisi

There Are So Many Things to Do in Tbilisi, With Its Hip Venues and Fascinating Architecture. There’s an Incredible Mix of Periods, From the Middle Ages to Soviet Years and Contemporary Times. The Georgian Capital is a Growingly Popular Tourist Destination and With Good Reason. A Gem Among Eastern European or Rather Eurasian Cities, to Visit Tbilisi is to Walk Among Millennia of History! Georgian History Dates Back to Millennia Before Christ, and There Are Traces of This Rich Heritage Everywhere. Read All About My Favorite Spots in This Shabby Chic Little City in This Tbilisi Travel Guide.

Category: 
23 views 0 Likes 0 comments

The Best Restaurants & Cafés In Buenos Aires.

Argentine food is very much a product of its diverse population. Throughout most of the 20th century, there were massive immigration waves from different parts of the world. The best food in Buenos Aires has its roots in surrounding South American nations to the Middle East, Asia and mostly Europe. They all brought their flavors and techniques, and years later, it’s a country of great wines, fantastic meat, and a varied food scene. The Argentine capital is a city for foodies, as the best restaurants in Buenos Aires prove!

Category: 

My Full Rome Travel Guide: The Best Of Rome!

Rome. Truly a majestic place rife with history and culture. Once home to the Roman Empire and the great gladiators, the Eternal City has undergone a significant shift; and evolved into the prominent commune it is today. A place of great fascination and splendid vistas, Rome offers a great deluge of heritage and extravagance. It’s the city a hub of tourist activity and fervor, and there are endless things to do in Rome. With so many tourist traps, a great Rome travel guide is necessary – and that’s what I’m here for!

On this Rome travel guide, I want to explore the epic experience of the city as a weekend getaway. Touring the city is a daily adventure, providing new insight into the Roman culture; and way of life that differs somewhat from the other countries around the world. A trip through the ancient icons and the ruins left behind offer a glance into a time long forgotten.

Category: 
27 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Top 5 Marbella Beach Clubs For Luxury Sunny Days!

Each Marbella beach club has something special, a little piece of this all-around paradise. In them, you can relax, enjoy delicious cocktails, sunbathing, dance at the best parties and recharge your batteries. Here are some great beach clubs near the best beaches in Marbella!

Category: 
20 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Places to Stay in Havana - What to Do in Havana - Cuba
A city frozen in time, you always find what to do in Havana. Read all about the best places to stay in Havana and my favorite activities.

Category: 
21 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Art, music, scrumptious food, lively people, amazing beaches and a samba fueled night life – there are endless things to do in Rio de Janeiro.

Category: 
25 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Copacabana Beach – The Beauty & The Beast!

Seeing the sunrise and the sunset the same day is not something that happens very often. In Rio everything is possible! After a night flight crossing the South American continent, we arrived just in time to see the sunrise over our new destination – Rio De Janeiro! Magic! If you’re wondering what to do in Rio and what are the Rio tourist attractions, then look no further!

Category: 
26 views 0 Likes 0 comments

2 Gorgeous Santorini Boutique Hotels For A Magical Time In The Island!

One of the landmarks of Mediterranean beauty, Santorini is a deluxe destination all around. Strongly focused on luxury travel, it’s hardly a cheap destination – but it’s an incredible one. The luxury boutique hotels in Santorini Greece are some of the most wonderful I’ve visited in southern Europe. Here, you’ll find my guide on the best areas to stay. Also, my favorite examples of what a design hotel Santorini looks like.

Diverse beaches, wondrous views of the caldera, unbelievable sunsets make Santorini unique. While those are some of the greatest things on this island, there’s so much more. When it comes to lodgings, they certainly know their luxury, too!

Category: 
24 views 0 Likes 0 comments

My Favorite Restaurants in Havana!

While Havana is well-known for its flavors, finding the best restaurants in Havana is no easy feat. It requires research to discover the best places to eat in Havana, finding good food away from tourists. Although historic, you might want to avoid the Ernest Hemingway bars, Floridita and Bodeguita del Medio when looking for the best food in Havana Cuba. Sure, they were the place where the Nobel author had his daiquiris and mojitos, but they’re always full of tourists! We just had a drink at Floridita to get some feel of the vibe and to tick this off our list but you can do without – it’s hardly among the best restaurants in Havana.

Here are what I think are the best places to eat in Havana!

Category: 
30 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Pages

Scroll to top