Primary tabs

TravelWithaSilverLining's picture

TravelWithaSilverLining

My name is Linda Voltaire and I have been a travel addict the last 15 years or so. I have visited around 50 countries and in November 2016 me and my boyfriend took off for the trip of our lives. Three months in South and Central America. A dream coming true and a trip that changed our lives in many ways.

Travel with a Silver Lining

1 Followers, 77 Marks

Our Boutique Heaven Steps Away From The Sydney Harbour!

The largest city of Oceania has a lot to offer, with plenty of charming Sydney hotels to choose from. This vibrant Australian city has so much to offer, and where to stay in Sydney became a challenge. Sydney offers so many incredible options for design and boutique hotel lovers! When deciding where to stay in Sydney, all you have to do is pick your favorite area and price level.

Category: 
4 views 0 Likes 0 comments

WoodyHanger Lodge for Best Accommodation Whitianga Nz: A Piece of New Zealand Paradise on Top of the Mountains!

When searching for hotels for our 6-day road trip around northern New Zealand, I realized I had a challenge. Finding the boutique and personal experience outside the main cities wasn’t easy. Sometimes you are lucky to find truly unique places. Places that will stay in your heart for a long time. WoodyHanger is for sure one of those – we were lucky to land in this accommodation Whitianga NZ. If you’re looking for an amazing bed and breakfast New Zealand, this is the spot for you!

Category: 
3 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Time for some travel blogger reflection! What is travel for you? What is the reason for you traveling the world?

Do you know Know The Power of Travel? We need to travel with our planet in mind. Making us think about how we travel to various destinations, how often & ensuring that the local societies benefit from tourism, not only big international players!⁣

Category: 
6 views 0 Likes 0 comments

4 South American Destinations for Millennial Travellers.

From landmarks built by ancient civilizations to cool and cosmopolitan cities with vibrant carnivals, South America is could be the perfect choice If you are looking for your next adventure. Find the most popular holiday destinations in South America. It is a mind-blowing picturesque continent with a vibrant Latin vibe.

Category: 
5 views 0 Likes 0 comments

11 Incredible Luxury Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam for a Dreamy Vacay!

There’s something magical about Amsterdam. The lovely houses by the canals, the tulips on every corner, the people going about their lives on their bikes. This contemporary metropolis also has a little old-timey charm, which is why there are so many incredible luxury boutique hotels in Amsterdam. There are plenty of lovely areas in the Dutch capital, which is why I recommend staying in several of them. The question of where to stay in Amsterdam has plenty of right answers!

When doing thorough research on where to stay in Amsterdam, I found 11 incredible places. Let’s get into the coolest luxury boutique hotels Amsterdam!

Category: 

6 Magic Rooftop Restaurants In Bangkok & Some More Favorite Eateries Of Mine!

Bangkok is the city of rooftops, to enjoy the Thai capital among the stars! Many of the best restaurants in Bangkok are also mesmerizing rooftops. Float in the heavens at your favorite luxurious rooftop restaurant in Bangkok and feel the pulse of the metropolis.

Category: 

Graffiti, Alligators & Luxurious Road Trip – Florida Has It All!

After having explored the Keys, the east coast of Florida was up next! From the artistic vibe in Wynwood to alligators in Everglades and a luxurious Florida road trip to West Palm Beach – we enjoyed all the many Florida tourist attractions!

Category: 

Things To Do In Portugal – 3 Villages To Fall In Love With.

Portugal is full of sweet little villages from all phases of the country’s rich history. If you love small towns with a lot of charm, Portugal will become your favorite country and a village visit you should put on the list of things to do in Portugal. Here are my 3 favorite Portuguese villages!

Category: 

My Venice Beach Travel Guide: 12 Wonderful Activities For The Ultimate California Vacay.

Not to be confused with the Italian city with the canals, California’s version of Venice is quite an experience. Once a shabbier part of the huge Los Angeles, it’s now one of the trendiest areas in town. There’s a myriad of fun things to do in here to get into the hip vibe of this district, including trendy restaurants Venice Beach. No other place feels quite like this California gem, and it’s a true joy to walk around and discover the district. I hope my Venice Beach travel guide inspires you to visit!

Category: 

The 8 Most Beautiful Summer Destinations In Europe For The Best Summer Vibes!

The northern hemisphere is quickly approaching the most fun time of the year: the hotter months. For those of us in the Old Continent (or anyone traveling there), the most beautiful summer destinations in Europe await. While things get a little more crowded during this time of year, the south cannot possibly loose its charm. The best summer destinations in Europe include ancient cities full of history, beaches as far as the eye can see and natural paradises of all sorts.

Category: 

Hotel Hafa Sayulita – Heaven For Boutique Lovers!

A grey and cold Stockholm afternoon two years ago, I discovered this little colorful jewel. I was at my hairdresser reading a travel magazine. There and then I decided, I need to visit Sayulita some day, and see the dreamy Sayulita boutique hotels, starting with the Hotel Hafa Sayulita.

Category: 
8 views 0 Likes 0 comments

7 Best Things To Do In Bangkok Beyond The Crowd!

Over my many visits to Bangkok, it’s turned into one of my favorite cities in the world. While at first glance it might not be the most charming, its messy vibe dissipates after spending a full day here. In this Bangkok travel guide, you will find the best things to do in Bangkok beyond the crowd. When traveling, I always try to find the more genuine experiences beyond the crowd and Bangkok is full of them.

Category: 
9 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Tel Aviv Travel Guide: 7 Things To Do In Tel Aviv.

Tel Aviv, the second largest city in Israel, is a Mediterranean dream and the beaches deserve a spot on your bucket list! A growingly popular destination on the Mediterranean’s less popular coast side. There are endless things to do in Tel Aviv, lots of Tel Aviv attractions and I hope this Tel Aviv Travel Guide will help you make your trip as amazing as ours!

Category: 
13 views 0 Likes 0 comments

As perhaps the most famous of all the Greek islands, Mykonos is profoundly dedicated to tourism – and that means lots of dining options! Time for my Mykonos restaurant reviews! The island offers a broad variety of restaurants catering to every taste and budget: the best food in Mykonos combines a bit of everything. Choose from cheap souvlakis and gyros to more elaborate Mediterranean food, which has been delighting palates for millennia. Enjoy my list of the best restaurants in Mykonos!

Want to taste the best food in Mykonos? Read my Mykonos restaurant guide and find out what are the best restaurants in Mykonos!

Category: 

Top 4 Mykonos Beach Clubs For Luxury & Lazy Days In The Sun!

The best beach clubs in Mykonos are some of the most famous in the world so expect some great days by the beach! This Greek island is a major tourist spot and has become a true hot spot. A paradise for sun lovers and one that’s very proud of its architectural heritage, which means so many of its major beach-related places pay homage to the colors of the ancient island. Every Mykonos beach club is also a feast to the eyes!

Category: 
10 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Best Restaurants In Palma De Mallorca.

As one of the many jewels of the Mediterranean, Mallorca isn’t just an island to hang out in the sun: it’s also a place to enjoy one of the most iconic cuisines in the world!. Palma is where most eateries are located, but you can still find a few great spots in different parts of the island. Here’s my list of the best restaurants in Palma Mallorca!

Category: 
17 views 0 Likes 0 comments

A Glimpse Of Beautiful Riga – What To See In Riga

Sometimes you manage to combine business and pleasures and my latest business trip to Riga was one of those occasions. Even though I was locked into a meeting room most of my time here, I got the opportunity to see the old part of Riga. The first encounter was in the evening on our way to the restaurant and the minute we entered the old part I fell in love. The narrow streets of cobblestones, the impressive historic buildings next to cute and colorful small houses, all with a romantic evening shimmer. Here is my guide to what to do in Riga as well as the best restaurants in Riga!

Category: 

4 Summer Work Outfits & Summer Office Looks For Hot Days At Work!

It's so easy to dress for work and office in the fall and springtime, but what about summer. I find it hard to dress professional but still not too hot, too short, too transparent etc☺ So here are my best summer work outfits that will keep you stylish and fresh.

Category: 
6 views 0 Likes 0 comments

Marbella Travel Guide – Things To Do In Marbella Spain.

Cosmopolitan and full of Andalusian hospitality, Marbella is the classiest and most expensive resort in Costa del Sol. Here you’ll find where to stay in Marbella and some exciting things to do in Marbella Spain.

Don't miss out on all the fun things to do in Marbella Spain with this guide, including where to stay in Marbella for the best experience!

Category: 

My Cuba Road Trip Guide – 4 Days Of Wonder!

Cuba was one of our Caribbean stops when traveling across South and Central America. Because of a tight schedule, we rushed our road trip to 7 days across the island. In retrospect, we should have stayed a little longer to have time to actually relax and enjoy all the things to do in Cuba. If you’re wondering what to see in Cuba, the answer is simple: a trip back in time!

Category: 

Sink your teeth into my favorite eateries of the Latvian capital, plus the best cafe in Riga!

As the largest and most cosmopolitan city in the Baltic region, Riga offers a pretty interesting variety of international foods, and sushi, in particular, is making its wave into the city’s heart! Still, if you’re looking to really get to know how the locals live, there are a lot of Latvian cuisine restaurants where you can try the local flavors. Hope you enjoy my Riga Restaurant Guide and try out some of the best restaurants in Riga! You might even come across the best cafe in Riga.

Attention to foodies visiting Latvia: these are the best restaurants in Riga. And don't forget to drop by the best cafe in Riga as well!

Category: 
11 views 0 Likes 0 comments

The 6 Best Sayulita Restaurants For The Ultimate Sayulita Food Experience!

Mexican food is one of life’s greatest pleasures: it’s spicy, full of flavor, and there are endless variations of tacos, burritos, and chilaquiles. Considering the richness of this Latin American cuisine, it’s always a pleasure to sample versions of famous plates, and there’s no better place to try them out than Mexico! Sayulita restaurants are no exception to the rule of delicious Mexican eateries. Read all about the best restaurants in Sayulita here!

Category: 

Moscow Photography: A Magic Moscow Fall Photo Shoot!

Fall is here and has been here for a couple of months and this year the Moscow fall has been extra beautiful! I am so happy that we managed to get out one of our last weekends in Moscow to do a fall photo shoot of the beautiful Moscow fall. Below are my favorite spots for the best Moscow photography!

Category: 
7 views 0 Likes 0 comments

In one of our last Sunday’s in Moscow, we took our camera and went out for autumn fashion photo shoot and some fall outfit ideas. Luckily, we have some of the best Moscow photo spots just around the corner. Moscow truly showed itself from its best side this day! A perfect day for shooting some fall outfit ideas! Autumn fashion at its best!

Category: 

Hotel Review: Rose Hotel Venice Beach

There are many boutique hotels in Venice Beach, but we were really happy to have found the enchanting Rose Hotel. An early 20th-century gem, it stands out among other Venice Beach hotels. Read all about it on my review, below!

Category: 

Tel Aviv Style: What To Pack For A City Beach Weekend?

Time to pack for a week in Tel Aviv and some Tel Aviv fashion… As always the question…what should I bring this time? As Tel Aviv and its surroundings offer everything from lazy days at the beach, to city life to history and excursions to some of the holiest places in our history, packing can be a time-consuming task. However, I hope my Tel Aviv style and packing guide below will make the preparation a bit easier!

Category: 

Top 4 Mykonos Beach Clubs For Luxury & Lazy Days In The Sun!

The best beach clubs in Mykonos are some of the most famous in the world so expect some great days by the beach! This Greek island is a major tourist spot and has become a true hot spot. A paradise for sun lovers and one that’s very proud of its architectural heritage, which means so many of its major beach-related places pay homage to the colors of the ancient island. Every Mykonos beach club is also a feast to the eyes!

Category: 
7 views 0 Likes 0 comments

17 San Francisco Instagram Spots For Perfect Snaps Of The City By The Bay.

The moment I arrived in the City by the Bay, I knew I’d encountered one of my favorite places. Not only does San Francisco have the magic of cities by the ocean, it’s so much more. It’s a picturesque city with so many hip places, where the shadow of the flower power stays in the air, and also the hub of cutting edge technology in the world. There are endless Instagram spots in San Francisco showcasing the beauty of this eclectic city. I was mesmerized by all the San Francisco photo spots!

Category: 
15 views 0 Likes 0 comments

4 Historical Sites to Visit in South America.

South America Is Home to Some of the Most Interesting Historical Destinations That Will Challenge Anyone’s Perception of the Region. So if You’re a History Buff, or Just Keen to Immerse Yourself in the Continent’s Rich Culture, Take a Look at Some of the Major Historic Sites to Visit in South America.

Category: 

The Ultimate Lisbon Travel Guide: 6 Things To Do In Portugal’s Lovely Capital!

I really fell in love with the Portuguese capital! This smallish and charming city took my heart for many reasons. The cute narrow streets filled with street art and the centuries of history make sightseeing here fascinating. With its bright colors, delicious food and gorgeous boutique hotels, The capital of Portugal offers everything I want from a city. Plus, the climate is warm, the people are very nice and there are gorgeous places to visit also in the surrounding! The fact that there are many things to do in Lisbon just adds to the city’s charm and I will share my favorite spots in this Lisbon Travel Guide.

Category: 

Pages

Scroll to top